 General / 47087
Re: Quality Control Issues?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:29:06 GMT

I think one thing that may have had an impact on quality was the shift in
the forumla of the ABS plastic that took place at some point.
For example, the old swords from classic castle were hard and stiff and
likely to snap off (and also other parts from that period) but the new
swords from the new sets (including the Guarded Inn and Black Falcons
Fortress) tend to be not as stiff and more likely to give a little before
they snap.

I have noticed a general trend that newer parts tend to be made of softer
ABS than older parts (not sure when the change happened or if its just one
change vs several changes over time).

The only issues with quality control that I can recall are:
1.in my 7140 x-wing fighter, I recieved a 1 x 6 brick in dk-grey instead of
the light grey hinge piece on the nose of the ship.

and 2.in my 4851 origins, I recieved 2 of the Panel 1 x 2 x 3 in
trans-smoke instead of the 2 clear ones. In both cases, TLC sent out the
correct part no questions asked (and I didnt have to send back the
incorrect parts either)