 General / 47079
Re: Quality Control Issues?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:41:00 GMT

I've had a couple of problems. I had a misprinted piece and had a couple of
black slopes that were warped pretty badly. I've had a part missing from a set
once too. Customer service is very good about replacing parts. I also have run
into several new bricks that haven't fit together all that well.

I think quality control is slipping. I never had a single problem with any set
or piece ever when I was a kid (mid 80s). Now as an AFOL I've doubled my
childhood collection and run into several issues. The most disturbing thing I
have seen is a picture on Brickshelf of two stacks of plates (with equal number
of parts) next to eachother that were nowhere near the same height. An irregular
part here and there isn't so bad to me, but too large of a tolerance on each
element is a big deal and needs to be addressed immediately.

James