 General / 47076
47075  |  47077
Subject:
Quality Control Issues?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:54:17 GMT

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with items in Lego sets?

The reason I ask is because I recently got 2 sets from clearance sales, and they
both had oddities that I've never seen before. The first one was the Pepper
mini-fig from one of the Lego Island Extreme sets - his face was completely
missing the black on it! Only the red hair and the white parts of his eyes were
on the head. I would have dismissed that as a freak occurrence, but then I got
the 3538 Snowboard Chase set on clearance. One of the 2x4 33 degree white slopes
wasn't even completely formed. It looks like the machine ran out of plastic or
something while that slope brick was being formed, so it's got a chunk 'bitten'
out of it.

I always thought that one of the things Lego did best was their quality control
system to prevent things like that from getting into boxes. Maybe it's slipping
a bit or something? Anyone ever find anything like this lately?
  John