 General / 46901
Re: The AFOL mind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:16:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Felix Greco wrote:
   I’ve found a conversation seems to come up a lot in reference to AFOLs. Are we a bunch of dorks? Is what we do just nerdy? I have had this conversation with AFOLs and nonAFOLs alike.

A lot of good points have already been brought up. I just wanted to add that it all depends on what you say to different people. To non-AFOLs, you wouldn’t rattle off set names and numbers, or complain about the rarity of piece abc in colour xyz. If/when asked about LEGO by the general public, I’ll just discuss general topics - maybe enlighten them of the recent colour change perhaps, but nothing too “geeky”.

But with other AFOLs, you can talk about anything. :)

-Bryan