 General / 43031
  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

(...) Not really. With Bricklink there's never any guarantee about availability of a certain part. But right now the two together usually make for a good supply of just about anything you want. (...) Yes, Bricklink is nice for small quantities but (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory)

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message news:HL0pnB.14Cs@lugnet.com... (...) And (...) Which is why I added a "never say never?" tag to my post! The major downside to Pick-A-Brick is geography. I'm in Philadelphia PA USA and I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

(...) That's what I need to drive to Cologne as well, but it's well worth it. There's one closer, but with a more limited assortment. However I've got a feeling that if things really work out we'll no doubt see more. Germany is getting it's third (...) (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

You know, there's always a lot of talk in the news about how well Europeans know geography and Americans don't. But soooo many Europeans just don't seem to grok the scale of the US, the distances that can be involved. My nearest LIC is in Orlando. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

Hmm, nearest Lego Oulets? Lets see: Lawrenceville, GA - 628 miles / 11.25 hours Dawsonville, GA - 660 miles / 11.25 hours Prince William, VA - 1057 miles / 18 hours Nearest Imagintation Centers: Bloomington, MN - 915 miles/ 15.75 hours Orlando, FL - (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

(...) Yeah, I hear that. I hope they eventually put a LEGO store in King of Prussia Mall or Franklin Mills Mall. Those two are up there pretty high on list of the largest malls on the East coast. (...) Yeah that has been a recurring dream of mine (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

(...) Yep, I was surprised when it was mentioned in the other thread they are opening one in Glendale. Why not Northern California? Assuming Tom lived somewhere around San Jose that would make my distance from LLC over 500 miles. And having to drive (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

Yeah, but you get to skip most of the Bay Area by taking 5 - normally, at least the first hour of my trip to LLC from Sunnyvale was just getting to 152 to get to 5. Sometimes 2 hours. Once I made it to 5, I flew - made it in 5.5 hours once, from my (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

(...) O yes we do, don't worry. Burnt my fingers on this issue many times when I was in the USA in 2001 ;) I just meant that a 2 hour drive isn't something that's impossible to overcome. Right now I drive over 400 miles most friday nights just to go (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

(...) LEGOLand Billund; 433 miles/10 hours. According to (URL) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (remove SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Did Bricklink make Lego bulk sales irrelevent?

(...) Well, yea! I would like to be able to do that, too! Especially since the bricks I "need" are about 30 pounds worth... ;-) (That was a joke, btw!) JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.general)