 General / 42253
  *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

Hello all, Well I was just doing a quick read of online news. I had not been to www.allspark.com, a Transformers fan site, recently so I brought up the page. After scrolling down I stumbled across this header: Wave 5 Product Catalog Scans - May 22 (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands) !

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) Because Hasbro's attempt to outright _BUY_ The LEGO Company was turned down. Hasbro doesn't typically cooperate with other companies unless it involves a purchase price. As for TLC, I suspect that the Transformers line might be a bit more (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) Whoa... do you have more info on that? Hasbro tried to buy TLC? When was that? I did some googling to try to find more info, but it was inconclusive. Sounds like a fascinating subject for a Forbes or HBR article. Any info you might be able to (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) My boss receives a variety of industrial publications focussing on plastics and technology, and I believe he was the one who mentioned it to me, so it might have been buried in one of them. Industry news sometimes takes a while to trickle out (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) Well, to me a it would be unexpected if Hasbro was about to acquire TLC. Some other facts: It is not possible to make a hostile take over on TLC as the majority of the stocks are held by the Christiansen family and their family foundation (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) I think it would be a bit unexpected to everybody. And they'd probably lose a lot of loyal customers if it did happen. (...) I thought it was a privately owned company, as in no publicly available stocks at all. Anyways, the way I heard it (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) I can try and dig up some more detailed info on this, but what I am pretty sure of is, that the group of companys forming what we in short call TLC (The Lego Company) is owned by the holding company Lego Holding A/S. The Lego Holding A/S is (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) Did you even LOOK at tformers.com before posting this? Geezz!! I think people believe whatever they want to: Once again, please read and pay attention before going of the Deep End. Nowhere in Hasbro's product line do they say that these are (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro: BTR line

(...) Aaron, Yes, I did LOOK at tformers.com before posting this. No where in my post did I say that these were official LEGO Transformers. I quoted a line from an article headline that I read that led me to the catalogue scans. I did not quote (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) It's not a question of whether they're actual Lego products, as we know they're not. Andrew's question was 'why didn't Lego do these?' I'll admit, some people are probably confused by shoddy headlines ((URL) , halfway down the front page, "In (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) David, Any info on this would be well-appreciated. I'm interested on the specific word choice of TLC. ;-) (...) BAH! That's some great trivia! Thanks! -Andrew GardenSLUG (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro: BTR line

(...) Hi Andrew: I've been casually following the BTR product line for GI Joe, but I've found annoyingly little information online except for a few pictures, and none of my local retailers seem to know anything about them. I suppose this is a Hasbro (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) Okay, here's what I've got after chatting with my boss about it. What he distinctly remembers is that about five years ago, Hasbro was actually set up to purchase Little Tykes, but the FTC nixed that because Hasbro already has a very similar (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?

(...) David, Well thanks for checking on this. I realized after the last post that our comments probably should only go to .general and not to the LEGO Company page...sorry Todd. Hasbro must think of themselves as awfully sneaky if they thought (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.general)