 General / 42279
Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 03:26:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Aaron West writes:
(snip)

Did you even LOOK at tformers.com before posting this?
Geezz!!  I think people believe whatever they want to:
Once again, please read and pay attention before going of the Deep End.
Nowhere in Hasbro's product line do they say that these are LEGO products.
The web site refered to here is NOT anything more than a fan created site
and CLEARLY states that these toys are "like Legos".  NOWHERE does it say
"Lego Transformers" as you have quoted.  Anybody who follows Transformers
toys and the recent New York ToyFare (February, I think) knows that Hasbro
has been working on a construction toy line and they linked it to their very
popular Transformers line.  This line is already in the Toys R Us main
computers starting at very competitive prices.
They are NOT LEGO.
-Aaron-

  It's not a question of whether they're actual Lego products, as we know
they're not. Andrew's question was 'why didn't Lego do these?' I'll admit,
some people are probably confused by shoddy headlines
(http://www.allspark.com , halfway down the front page, "In it, you'll find
pictures of the Built To Rule Lego Transformers"), but the thrust of the
question is whether Hasbro went to Lego to work a licensing deal at all
before doing these goofy things on their own.

They are NOT LEGO, but they should be.

-jeremiah-