 General / 42255
Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 04:18:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andrew Saada writes:
NOW, this makes me think.  The toys are identifiably Transformers but they
would not have been made for mass production if the makers did not intend
for them to be joined in the manner of the system originated by the LEGO
Company.  So, this means that the makers at Hasbro believe and/or have
researched enough to ensure that there is a market for such a line of
Transformers.
That being the case, I am wondering WHY was a joint venture not looked into
by Hasbro and the LEGO Group?

     Because Hasbro's attempt to outright _BUY_ The LEGO Company was turned
down.  Hasbro doesn't typically cooperate with other companies unless it
involves a purchase price.  As for TLC, I suspect that the Transformers line
might be a bit more violent than they'd like to be involved with.