 General / 42302
Re: *NEW* LEGO brick-ish Transformers by Hasbro -- What's the deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:25:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andrew Saada wrote:
Any info on this would be well-appreciated.  I'm interested on the specific
word choice of TLC. ;-)

     Okay, here's what I've got after chatting with my boss about it.  What he
distinctly remembers is that about five years ago, Hasbro was actually set up to
purchase Little Tykes, but the FTC nixed that because Hasbro already has a very
similar line of product in their repertoire (Fisher Price, IIRC) and it looked
more like they were buying out a competitor than expanding their product range.

     As for the bit with TLC, he can't remember anything about it, including the
fact that he told me about it (a few years ago he swapped his regular sleep
schedule for a daughter, so...), but I seriously doubt it went any further than
asking if TLC was available for purchase.

     Also, I can't say for sure what the official response would be, but if it
had been me that they asked, I'm sure it would have been about half an hour of
uncontrolled laughter followed by about ten seconds of words that shouldn't be
repeated in polite company.