 General / 41395
Re: Which weighs more?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 02:54:56 GMT

David Simmons wrote:
Hey all,

In my latest project (making a Gunstar) I'm using a lot of 1x16 Technic
beams, however there are two where I'm using none of the friction peg holes
for anything.  Would a regular 1x16 beam weigh less or more?  I'm trying to
reduce weight wherever possible due to the design of the ship.

from a thread about two years ago- of course this is half the length you
need.

http://news.lugnet.com/market/shipping/?n=362

1x8 brick       = 3.06061 g
1x8 technic brk = 2.89084 g

It's interesting to note the relative mass per stud appears to decrease
as the length of the brick increases.  I wonder if there is a
compensation point.

-chris