 General / 40524
Re: Understanding Leaks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:41:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul S. D'Urbano writes:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that competitors and clone brands pay
attention to LEGO fan sites to try to get a scoop on what TLC is up to.

  I'm not so sure about this.  With the exception of Shifty bricks, I can't
think of any current clone brands that do much copying from LEGO, certainly
not to the extent that they'd lurk around fan sites to cull secret, leaked
information.  What would be the benefit?  MegaBloks is already subjected to
periodic aggressive litigation by TLC with allegations of patent violations;
why would MegaBloks (or any competitor) want to open itself to such obvious
intellectual property theft?

//unbelievably funny commentary on

If anything, I suspect LEGO of exploiting MegaBloks leaks, since LEGO cloned
the clone's Xtreme theme with its skate park, et al...

//unbelievably funny commentary off

     Dave!