 General / 40516
Re: Understanding Leaks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:26:05 GMT

Paul,

The policy at fbtb is that there should be no discussion of leaks.  The
policy at lugnet, on the other hand, is pretty much anything goes.  So feel
free to discuss these here at Lugnet, but refrain from doing so on fbtb.

As to your examples, the first, second, and fourth would constitute "leaks".
These are supposed to be communications between Lego and the stores.  The
first two are scans of a catalog that was supposed to be sent to stores, and
the Marz site is for wholesale distribution (notice that the prices are for
crates of multiple sets).  The third one you mention (Kotoro Ono's report
from a Lego show) is not a leak, as this was a public show for fans.  It was
a mistake on Lego's part, though.  Apparently they weren't supposed to
display those sets, but once they did, it was an official Lego display, so
you can't really call it a leak.

The definition of  "leak" at fbtb is anything that wasn't published in a
Lego publication for the general public (catalog, Lego Magazine, those
inserts that come in sets, etc), displayed at a Lego show (e.g. the annual
Toy Fair), published on Lego.com, or published with permission on another
site (e.g. fbtb.net).

Bruce