 General / 39989
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 00:30:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:H76nKI.Eq4@lugnet.com...
I've noticed a big change in feedback here.  In the 'old' days of Lugnet,
every post would get responded, even a tiny model would generate a large
thread of discussion.

Now, feedback and people who give them seems to be divided into two • groups:
those who always give feedback and those who rarely give feedback.  Now, I
know that some people don't have the time to post feedback, but I mean,
things used to be a lot different.  Maybe people just lost the initial
enthusiasim of Lugnet?

Most models or ideas often get maybe 1 or 2 or 3 replies, but then when a
particullar person or a particullar idea/fad posts, instantly, within
minutes, bunches of people start replying, and the original poster gets • five
or ten or fifteen replies.

Sometimes this rule is broke in extremely good ideas/models, but often I • see
a model that I love and is really well built- and it gets 1 or 2 replies, • as
if nobody bothered to see it.

What's you're opinion on feedback?  Do you lurk, and sometimes post
responces to extraordinary things?  Or do believe everybody should get
feedback, just because?  Do think feedback is better in quantity or • quality?
Do you value of particullarly long, detailed, well-written posts over five
short, 'That's nice.  bye' posts?

I'm cross-posting this to .space, because that's the place I hang out the
most, and is a bit quiet lately anyway.

-JHK

honestly, I've been just about driven to give up on Lugnet altogether due to
the lack of feedback. the number of MOCs I've posted that actually got ANY
feedback is probably less than 12, and of those, not more than 3 or 4 has
gotten more than a single "hey that's cool", and those were the ones that
were built from something somebody else designed. in fact, I can think of
only 2 of my creations that got any sort of constructive feedback at all
(the Highwind and Metal Gear Rex.) I even ask, when I post an MOC, for
people to tell me what's wrong with it. I can't improve if nobody tells me
what works and what doesn't. I stopped posting feedback myself because my
replies just got ignored in favor of the great high .spacers, who make
wonderful creations, but seem to have no time to give the occasional "that's
cool, but have you tried doing this?" post. every very acitve group suffers
from this exact same phenomenon. the really skilled folks seem to only give
feedback on the creations of the other really skilled folks, and the rest of
us just sort of languish down here in the darkness.

my $0.03
-Anthony