 General / 39553
Re: Color problems with label on 4107 tub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:56:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
This is what is called "quibbling" over 4107. So it has a bad printing job.

Then it speaks to a lack of quality control within the company.  If I was
the owner, I'd sure want to know.  It means I'm either not getting my
money's worth when I contract out or I'm not getting quality out of my own
employees.  Either way, it's a little thing that is potentially a big thing
underneath.

As I tried to point out very clearly, I wasn't quibbling about the contents
of the tub.  I think it's just fine.  It's just that the packaging can be
viewed as somewhat deceiving.

They are all regular Lego colors - except maybe tan (which some people
thought would be the Lego Island light yellow.)

I would say, yes... and no.  Until recently, I would argue that dark brown,
light and dark grey haven't really been 'regular colors'.  I suspect some
may disagree.

I'm surprised you didn't analyze the Lego assortment inside.

Again, there was no need to.  I found the assortment inside to be quite
satisfactory.  It's just that what's inside isn't what's listed outside.  :)

Imagine that you bought a CD and the music on the disc didn't quite match
the track listing on the back of the package.  Would you question this?
Would you be pleased?  Would you at least attempt to ask the company, "was
this a mistake or was this intentional?"  That's just my take on it.  I'm
sure 99% of everyone who ever buys this tub won't even give the label a 2nd
glance.

This is either
a 1x1 bulk brick pack, or a sneaky way to get the part count up. You can buy
two 4105 buckets instead and get more useful bricks.

At least at the Wal-Mart, Zellers and Toys 'R Us stores that I've visited
these sets do not appear to be available in Canada.  Anyone here know
differently?

Believe me, I'm the first one to agree that there are other combinations of
buckets and tubs that could be made available.  But in all seriousness, you
have no idea how thankful I was just to be able to get my hands on these
4107's at the price I did.

All the best,
Allan B.