 General / 39563
Re: Color problems with label on 4107 tub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:33:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
Allan Bedford wrote in message ...
I hope that someone at LEGO is listening.  There's nothing wrong with the
tub inside (the brick selection is a great value

Actually, I disagree. Out of the 1000 pieces in this tub, more than 300 are
1x1 bricks. That's waaaay out of proportion! Although I am happy to have my
1x1 supply replenished after last year's complete lack of them, you can have
too much of a good thing and parents/kids buying that tub to build with are,
IMO, not getting a good deal. Here's the Peeron inventory:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/4107-1

I tend to agree with Kevin on this part.  There are way to many 1x1 and 1x2
bricks in the current bucket and tubs.  I think they did this so the price per
part would be similar to that of previous tubs and buckets but they are
actually giving us considerably less ABS.  The part selection is weighted far
to heavily in favor of small bricks for my taste.

Eric Kingsley