 General / 39302
Re: 2nd set of NBA minifigs, plus real life comparisons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 02:12:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Anthony Sava writes:
It was said before in another thread, but I believe it is a good point to make
so I'll say it.  If LEGO had introduced 'Minifigs of color' along side yellow
minifigs, instead of the new caucasian lego color, then LEGO would be
proclaiming that the yellow minifigs that were previously produced would be
considered caucasian.

And if all yellow minifigs were considered caucasian, then LEGO could be
accused of discriminating against non caucasian people, and that would be bad.
And I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't buy this slippery slope.
Yellow has been used to represent generic non-white peoples in the past.
It's just my opinion that it is incapable of representing black people.
(Someone once used the Simpsons as an example, and I don't think there are
hordes of people accusing them of discrimination.)

Back to these so-called 'figs, has anyone else looked at the legs and
thought they looked suspiciously one-piece?  Scary...

Michael Dallaston