 General / 39298
Re: 2nd set of NBA minifigs, plus real life comparisons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:30:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
For those of us who don't use Macromedia Flash, I've put screencaptures of

PS: Is there a more appropriate newsgroup for posts about the NBA LEGO
stuff?  Seems like we could use a LEGO Sports group to encompass the already
present Football (Soccer) group, and for the new NBA, and upcoming (weird)
hockey sets.

This suggestion has been floated before, I believe, and in my view it makes
a fair bit of sense! There then could be lugnet.sports.soccer and
lugnet.sports.basketball (or sports.nba?? I'm not sure) and sports.hockey etc...

In parallel I know that LDraw and BrickLink(tm) are both thinking about a
bit of reorganization in how some things are categorised as well...

One question I have is this... has LEGO(r) made "Sport" an offical theme
now? One gets that perception from the website presentation but soccer
started out as a Shell Promo thing and has migrated to a mainstream theme
(subtheme?)...

XFUT to admin.suggestions (but remember Suz may be a bit busy at the mo)

Hope that helps and thanks for the posting of the non Flashy pics.

++Lar