 General / 38808
Re: most popular newsgroups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 03:13:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink writes:

Okay, this brings me to my big surprise - robotics at 35000. (!)  I'd
thought of this as a relatively small niche of Lego builders.  Twice as much
volume as Trains? or Space? or Castle?  Are there really twice as many
people using Mindstorms than making spaceships (or castles, or whatever)?
Or do robotics people post twice as much?  Any thoughts?

My understanding is you don't have to be part of Lugnet to post to .robotics
so that group has a much bigger pool of readers/posters.  James B. explained
that that was why some of the names of the people posting to .robotics
appear on the web interface in a light gray color-- they are posting from
someplace outside Lugnet.  That must have something to do with the numbers.
See

http://news.lugnet.com/faq/?n=1212&t=f&v=a

Maggie C.