 General / 38517
Re: What?! You've got to be kidding!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sean Devolites writes:
Hey Everybody,
Matts right.  Last week was one of the worst weeks for him, me, and
probably other people.  I made the mistake of bringing back
that awful thread "Say it ain't so", so I partly feel responsible for it.
We all focused to much on our opinions and forgot a lot of more important
things, like having fun.  Fortunately, that threads been knocked out again
(I hope) and lets all hope its not revived.
Since I've been here I've managed to start a lot of problems
when it comes to arguing (the problem with being new),
and I apologize for that.  I don't know about anybody else,
but I ain't touchin' no more debate posts.
Debate doesn't help anybody and just distracts you
from things more important and a lot cooler, like MOCs.
I can't really think of what else to say except
I'm sorry for bringing that thread back and starting this mess.
Hasta La Vista, Sean

Hey Sean -
I guess again, I'm just not seeing it.  I for one don't think you started a
lot of problems, and I'm not upset at you.  In fact, I talk to quite a few
people who post here in other channels, such as email and instant messenger,
and no one else I've discussed this thread with is upset with you.

Here's a bit of friendly advice, meant in the nicest possible way.  Try to
separate personal stuff from reasoned arguments.  From my perspective, I
think you took the debate-ish nature of that thread personally, instead of
applying the responses to the opinions you were posting.  When someone
doesn't agree with your opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't like
you.

But in one sense, I think you came to a good decision.  Stay away from
debates, they'll only drain your energy.  It took me years to learn that
one, and you've learned it in a week.  So, stick around, build, post your
MOCs, and most of all HAVE FUN.  And...welcome to LUGNET.  I'm glad you're
here :-)

-Tim