 General / 38548
Re: What?! You've got to be kidding!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey Sean -
Wassssup

I guess again, I'm just not seeing it.  I for one don't think you started a
lot of problems, and I'm not upset at you.  In fact, I talk to quite a few
people who post here in other channels, such as email and instant messenger,
and no one else I've discussed this thread with is upset with you.
Thats a load of my chest.  But when you start a whole debate thought dead
and start up a battle between the "leave Lego alone" side and the "petition"
side, and have algebra homework in the middle of it all, you get worn out
and don't think straight I guess.

Here's a bit of friendly advice, meant in the nicest possible way.  Try to
separate personal stuff from reasoned arguments.  From my perspective, I
think you took the debate-ish nature of that thread personally, instead of
applying the responses to the opinions you were posting.  When someone
doesn't agree with your opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't like
you.
I didn't mean it like that, or maybe I did, I don't know.  Like I said, I
had to finish my Algebra.

But in one sense, I think you came to a good decision.  Stay away from
debates, they'll only drain your energy.  It took me years to learn that
one, and you've learned it in a week.  So, stick around, build, post your
MOCs, and most of all HAVE FUN.  And...welcome to LUGNET.  I'm glad you're
here :-)
Thanks for the welcome.  I plan on doing all those things, but it might be a
while before I start posting my MOCs.  I'm still in the starting stages of a
fort, but I'll get it up when I get the chance.
Well, of to Algebra homework {:>(

-Tim
Hasta La Vista, Sean