 General / 38531
Re: What?! You've got to be kidding!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:14:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Travis Kunce writes:
***** all of you... lugnet rules when its *****y... it so dramatic and fun
to watch... I spent the better part of two years lurking before i even
signed up to post.  its a ****ofa lotta fun to post your opinion and
especially fun to read or to defend and unpopular one.

Watch the language would you?  This is supposed to be a family friendly
site.  The language you used in the above paragraph is not the sort of
language anyone wants their kids reading.

In fact, as a trained art student that works in art higher academia.  I hate
when everyone ways in that they love this or that about model x that
basically sucks out loud and is only basically different from the box set.
I wish more people had the guts to criticize the things they don't like
about each others work in a positive way that encourages us all to become
better brickmasons/engineers.

Indeed constructive cristism can be good.  (This is in fact something Joel
Kuester alluded to as well.)  I feel like I did indeed get some of that on
my latest moonbase module.  Such suggestions and critism have lead me to do
a second revision on that model, which I am even more happy with.  But I
think the main reason critism is not given on Lugnet is because of the
forum.  Online communication is tricky at best, and it is easy to
misconstrue.  Feelings can be hurt easily.  The same critism, given in
person would almost never result in a misunderstanding.

-tk

-Jason

Jason Spears
MichLUG - http://www.michlug.org/