 General / 38034
Re: New Polling Mechanism Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:51:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.general, Calum Tsang writes:
This is a very useful tool, and well implemented. I was hoping you
guys could add one feature, which is to allow a message thread to be
tacked onto the end of the poll somehow:

One thought we had -- but haven't discussed in detail yet -- was
possibly creating a special group for polls that could be posted into
automatically by the system when a poll is created, and then the
article could be linked to from the poll page with a standardized
"discuss this poll" type of link.

that will also allow people to subscribe to that group, and get
notifications when a new poll is posted. Of course, then we'll have to
make it possible to vote by mail, though it might not be trivial...
maybe just a link to the web page of the voting.

very cool :)

Dan