 General / 37977
Re: New Polling Mechanism Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:30:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Greetings!

Well, since his trip to BrickFest, Todd has been in a coding-frenzy!

LUGNET's latest development, now having passed its testing*, is available
for all members to use:

Cool! I was wondering how you made those polls available to
make. I just took a look at the poll creation page, and it
seems to be very easy to do.

It is indeed very simple! Todd did a great job.

Here's a link straight to the current list of polls, for handy bookmark:
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/

If you want to make something fancier, include FTX in your poll's creation!
That's how I made underlined text and placed images in my Minifig Poll.
  http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=2
Simple stuff works fine, but not all FTX will. Formatting of tables and
paragraphs, for example, isn't curently possible. Just be sure to watch
previews, at top of page, before moving to the next step in poll creation.

You can read more about FTX in the User Guide:
  http://www.lugnet.com/publish/ftx/guide/
We'll add some info for  making polls in there soon.

-Suz