 General / 37560
37559  |  37561
Subject:
What makes 375 a Legend? (Was: New legend is up ))Color Variants(()
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:47:04 GMT

[X-posted & FUT .castle]

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
[about 375 Yellow Castle]
4.)And it'd remain faithful the original design and style
that made the original so very appealing in the first place!!!

Is it true that the original Yellow Castle was so appealing?
This seems to be the concensus at LUGnet, but I remember
differently.

The big hit in 1978, when Lego introduced the Yellow
Castle, was Technic. The next year Lego introduced
Space. These two, together with Trains were exciting
themes we talked about, longed for, placed on our
wishlists and showed off to our friends if we received
them. The Yellow Castle originally wasn't special, another
Legoland set, nothing more, nothing less. I seriously
doubt if it even sold well.

Seems to me that 375 must have gained it's legendary
status long after the original release, after Castle grew
into a serious theme of its own and castle fans started to
search Lego history for the first ever castle set.

I'm don't want to offend anybody, but I'm genuinely
surprised that so many people seem to think the original
Yellow castle was so appealing.

Twan.
--
Twanneman@planet.nl