 General / 37014
Re: Should there be a set size for Brickshelf pics?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 05:41:25 GMT

I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. But this is the General
section so I didnt think there would be a problem with it. I could see if I
was going for a realy scientific tally, but I just kinda wanted to get an
idea on what would be a good size to post my pics at. And since about 90%( ?
) use Brichshelf to desplay there MOC's, shows, ect. I thought it would be a
good place to start.

So again sorry for I guess posting in the wrong spot.

Dave

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.general, David VinZant writes:
I want to bring this up because I find that some of pictures on Brickshelf
tend to be very large. Now I am sure I am guilty of this as well. Because on
my PC I have my resolution at 1024x768. But sometimes I run into pictures
that are a greater resolution then that. But when I post about my newest
MOC's I tend to never hear any complaints about the pictures being too big.

Well, I mostly try to post around 800x600, depending on the aspect ratio of
the picture (which may be clipped & otherwise played with). But occasionally
I post 2 Mpixel (2000x1500 or thereabouts) jpgs straight from my camera,
generally only for reference pics, and I don't usually post links to them
here. If someone browses to them, lucky them 8?)

So my main qustion is, what resolution do most people view the site at,
1024x768, 800x600, or smaller? And do you think people should stick to a
certain resolution or do you care that much about hitting the scroll bar?

I don't mind scrolling. Most of the time I'm on at least 1024x768, so it's
pretty rare anyway. My main issue is when I'm on a slow (56k modem) link -
and in this case I'll generally just abort the download if I click on a
large pic, and store the URL away to view when I'm on a fast link.

ROSCO