 General / 37007
Re: Should there be a set size for Brickshelf pics?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:41:57 GMT

Greetings,

Smaller photos might be a better option for another reason as well....server
space.  Likely the more frugal everyone is with the size (kb) of their
images, the fewer addtional drives the admin will have to purchase, making
it more cost efficient for Brickshelf and perhaps will stave off the
envitability of user fees for a short time.  If a fee does eventually come,
so be it, but we may as well save the site some money while we can.

Assuredly others have much more technical knowledge on the subject than I
and would be better able to comment on this aspect.....

Cheers,
-G

PS.  Should this be posted to another forum?  Still a newguy...

In lugnet.general, David VinZant writes:
I want to bring this up because I find that some of pictures on Brickshelf
tend to be very large. Now I am sure I am guilty of this as well. Because on
my PC I have my resolution at 1024x768. But sometimes I run into pictures
that are a greater resolution then that. But when I post about my newest
MOC's I tend to never hear any complaints about the pictures being too big.

So my main qustion is, what resolution do most people view the site at,
1024x768, 800x600, or smaller? And do you think people should stick to a
certain resolution or do you care that much about hitting the scroll bar?

Here is a link to my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=legotrains

Dave