 General / 36356
Re: UCS Yoda Missing Parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 02:03:51 GMT

"Josh Opotzner" <Josh120@aol.com> wrote in message
news:GtyoEu.79u@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, William R. Ward writes:

What happened when you assembled the model?  Did you get stuck part
way through?

I don't think he assembled it at all.  He purchased the model specifically
for tan bricks, and the parts he heard the set contained were not present.

--Josh

This is exactly the case.  I bought it solely for the parts - think of it as
a blue tub of tan, sand green, brown, and rust but at a much higher (5x)
price point!  I like tan, it is currently my favorite color to build with.
Unfortunately, it tends to be an expensive color to build with!

I have been working on some buildings in preparation for the NCLTC display
at the Raleigh GATS show this coming weekend.  When I bought the UCS Yoda I
had a project in mind and simply dumped all of the parts into the box and
started working.  After working for a while I needed some 1x3 tan bricks and
didn't find any.  It seemed odd to me as I had looked at the Peeron
inventory for 7194 a couple of times previously.  So I checked again and
sure enough, it should have had something like 46 tan 1x3 bricks.  Had I
actually wanted to build the Yoda model I couldn't have gotten past step #1
as the step #2 requires a couple of 1x3 tan bricks and most of the next 10
steps also require them.

Yesterday I called LEGO Consumer Affairs and the woman I spoke with (the
first not real friendly person I have spoken to at LEGO) asked me to go
through the instructions and figure out what all was missing and to call
them back.  So I sorted the remainder of the parts last night and determined
what I think I am missing which turns out to be about 125 parts.  I have
also determined that I have some extra parts (like two extra white Technic
parts with tow ball sockets - used to hold Yoda's eye balls).  So I suspect
that during the packing process I got two of one bag and zero of another.

I called Consumer Affairs today and spoke with a much nicer woman.  After
describing what the missing parts she told me that she was going to send me
a copy of the instructions which I am to go through and circle the missing
parts and send it back to LEGO.  She said this would be the fastest way to
resolve this problem.  While I am not sure I agree with her, I am willing to
do it in order to get the missing parts.

FWIW - I went back to my local Wal-Mart where I bought the Yoda thinking I
might buy another one but they were all gone (there were three more after
the one I bought two nights ago).  The rest of the Episode II sets also seem
to be selling well, all of the small ones with the Yoda minifig are gone as
well.

Mike

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot