 General / 36257
36256  |  36258
Subject:
Surprisingly High Traffic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:23:12 GMT

To my big surprise, I recieved this mail from civics@geocities.com

"
" Dear GeoCities Member,
"
" Your web site, http://www.geocities.com/simlego
" seems to have been receiving a large amount of traffic.
" Our records indicate that you're using more than the allotted amount
" of data transfer we provide for a free web site, which is 3 gigabytes
" per month (measured on an hourly basis). That means that during the
" past few days we had to temporarily turn your site off to keep the
" bandwidth within this limit.

< snipped offers to pay for allowing more traffic >

Since I hardly ever upload anything to that page anymore, I don't understand
its sudden popularity. I thought that those of you who like my scans have
grabbed them a long time ago. And I doubt that my Inliner (179 kb) is that
popular either, as there have been other inliners available for ages.

...or is it just a new way for yahoo/geocities to make more money?

Does anybody have a clue?

/Tore