 General / 36271
Re: Surprisingly High Traffic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:45:39 GMT

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> writes:
In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.general, Blake Kunisch writes:
Unfortunately, the idiotic way the people at Geocities do it (AFAIK), is
that they determine how much bandwidth PER HOUR you are allowed to use, • [...]
It's just a Yahoo! plow!  Whatever you do don't bother paying for the extra
service.  Screw them!  You can set up a mirror site at www.tripod.com to
help offset your "this site is out...".  I've had this problem before with
yahoo and finally just moved over to tripod.com.  It's a free service and
you get 50MB of space for starters.  A much better deal than yahoo.  Do
yourself a favor, avoid the headaches and MOVE to tripod.  You can ftp your
site over there...

Better yet, move it somewhere without ads.  When I see a geocities or
tripod site advertised on Lugnet, I usually don't bother visiting it
at all, unless the description is extremely enticing.  I especially
hate tripod - at least the Geocities ads can be "minimized".

I understand that ozbricks.com is letting people have free LEGO web
sites.  If your ISP doesn't include web hosting or you can't pay for a
commercially hosted site, I would recommend giving that a try.

--Bill.

XFUT: lugnet.publish.html