 General / 36260
Re: Surprisingly High Traffic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:02:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rob Doucette writes:
In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.general, Tore Eriksson writes:
To my big surprise, I recieved this mail from civics@geocities.com

I had the same message from them back in November relating to a dead page I
once posted. I had a traffic monitor on the page, it indicted that it had
had a total of 442 hits since I uploaded it:
http://extremetracking.com/open;sum?login=legomove

It had had six hits in the 6 months up to the e-mail, and only 2 since.

I did not reply & the page is still there.
http://www.geocities.com/legomoves

Oops! you did it again:

"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data
transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later."

-Rob.

Tsk, this is rediculous.
What is the maximum amount of space? 15 Mb, I think. That means that if I
used all space - which I don't - the entire content has to be downloaded 200
times for the max traffic to be exceeded. No way it is the case.

/Tore