 General / 36280
Re: Surprisingly High Traffic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 05:23:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli writes:
[snip]
It's just a Yahoo! plow!  Whatever you do don't bother paying for the extra
service.  Screw them!  You can set up a mirror site at www.tripod.com to
help offset your "this site is out...".  I've had this problem before with
yahoo and finally just moved over to tripod.com.  It's a free service and
you get 50MB of space for starters.  A much better deal than yahoo.  Do
yourself a favor, avoid the headaches and MOVE to tripod.  You can ftp your
site over there...
Ahui

Actually you would be better off going to FortuneCity.  You get 100MB of space
and there are no annoying pop-up ads.  There is an small banner inserted at the
top of all your pages but it is no big deal compared to pop-ups.  For an
example see my site.

http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/sputnik/86/gc.html

-Mike Petrucelli aka Lord Insanity

No annoying pop-ups? What are all those things that come up when I go to the
site then?