 General / 36281
Re: Surprisingly High Traffic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 05:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adam Angle writes:
In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli writes:
[snip]
It's just a Yahoo! plow!  Whatever you do don't bother paying for the extra
service.  Screw them!  You can set up a mirror site at www.tripod.com to
help offset your "this site is out...".  I've had this problem before with
yahoo and finally just moved over to tripod.com.  It's a free service and
you get 50MB of space for starters.  A much better deal than yahoo.  Do
yourself a favor, avoid the headaches and MOVE to tripod.  You can ftp your
site over there...
Ahui

Actually you would be better off going to FortuneCity.  You get 100MB of • space
and there are no annoying pop-up ads.  There is an small banner inserted at • the
top of all your pages but it is no big deal compared to pop-ups.  For an
example see my site.

http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/sputnik/86/gc.html

-Mike Petrucelli aka Lord Insanity

No annoying pop-ups? What are all those things that come up when I go to the
site then?

How odd?  I do not get any.  I am using Netscape 4.61 with cookies disabled.
Maybe that has something to do with it.  Oh well, it is still 100MB of space
which is better than the other free sites.

-Mike Petrucelli