 General / 36001
Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:22:52 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

I've been playing with VXML and wanted some pet projects to help me learn.  So
I've been looking at my hobbies for applications.

I am continually amazed at how many of you can remember so many LEGO set
numbers/names/prices and other stats.  I'm terrible at that and there must be
others of you out there too.  Sometimes I'm in a store and find LEGO on sale
but don't know the original price and getting that info from the store is often
trying.

Chris,

  Very cool application of vxml, I like it.  It's definitely more
interesting than the vxml stuff I use at work.

If you haven't already, try the IBM Voice Server SDK out, it's really handy
for developing vxml apps.

    Take care,

    Gary