 General / 35987
Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:18:38 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

I'd be keen to hear:
if it works (or not) for you
problems that you had using it
suggestions for improvement
etc.

The speech synthesizer is rough right now, I'm still learning how to tweak
inflection and the like.  I might end up just recording the initial greeting
and then trying to improve the synth from the DB.  If you are in a noisy
environment, you might get best results by inputting with your keypad but I've
found the voice-recognition to be pretty good.  It _seems_ so far to be a
little better at recognizing male voices than female, but I'll know more after
hearing back from some of you.

It worked for this female voice calling from California.  And I didn't use
the keypad at all beyond the original number.

PS - I wasn't sure where this should go so I set FUT .general.  If you know
better, feel encouraged to direct the thread.

Isn't it a shame that we feel compelled to make these comments in hopes of
forestalling another major *appropriate group* argument? (I did it too in my
last post.)

Maggie C.