 General / 35986
Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:55:02 GMT

Cool!

What speech synthesis package are you using?  It
kind of reminds me of the AT&T Text to speech
system (femail option).  If it is, try using the
male voice, he's much more pleasant/amusing
to listen to.

http://www.research.att.com/~mjm/cgi-bin/ttsdemo

We used to have fun with that at work, making it
say things like "You are all fired.  Pack your bags."
and "Your stock options are worth zero dollars,
and zero cents."  The way it would say those
things was hilarious.

KL

In lugnet.announce, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

I've been playing with VXML and wanted some pet projects to help me learn.  So
I've been looking at my hobbies for applications.