 General / 35732
Re: What I think the firs Space Legend set should be
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:18:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
If they really want to knock all us Spaceheads on our butts, the first Space
Legend set will be the #6971 Message-Intercept Base from Blacktron I.  As
far as I can tell, all the pieces in this set are still being used.  If
we're going to have to wait until the end of the Star Wars license for a
Space Legend set, we should get a "holy grail."

I respectfully disagree with your thoughts for a first Space LEGENDS
release.  :)

In my mind the best way to bring back an old series like this is to go right
back to the beginning if at all possible.  Bring back something from the
original classic space series of 1979.

My suggestion would be for it to be a set like this:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/918_1

Small, but well-designed.  Lower price point.  Represents the tone of the
original line in an appropriate manner.

And despite the fact that I still have my childhood version, complete with
box and instructions, I'd still buy more of these.

Just my feelings.
Allan B.
- Expert Builder website
- http://www.apotome.com/builder