 General / 35736
Re: What I think the firs Space Legend set should be
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:33:15 GMT

I think the problem with releasing something from the late 70s is that while
the sets may be very enticing to the classic lego collector, I don't think
they will look exciting enough to today's kids. I'm not saying they are
worse sets than LoM, but to even 24 years old me, they look very "old
school". Imagine what some 8 year old will think of them? You wouldn't
expect a kid of today to be engrossed in an old 80s era conpter game classic
like Operation Wolf or Double Dragon. Not only because today's games are in
just about every way better than those games, but because the old games just
have a very old fashioned look to them. I built with wooden building bricks
as a kid, until I discovered lego, upon which the wooden building bricks
were just nowhere as fun.

I understand that the Guarded Inn is being sold to lots of kids and it is
also an old set, but it IMHO is just a much better and cleverer set compared
to the most recent castle line. It also has a semi military/civilian theme,
so perhaps more girls are buying it?

My personal favourite old space set I'd really love to get might be the
Thunderfoot Launcher, but again, I think something more recent may make more
sense from a finaincial point of view. If a Message Intercept Base came out,
I'd probably buy that too, although I'm not really a Spacehead myself.

Just my two cents

Magnus