 General / 35729
35728  |  35730
Subject:
What I think the firs Space Legend set should be
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:42:16 GMT

If they really want to knock all us Spaceheads on our butts, the first Space
Legend set will be the #6971 Message-Intercept Base from Blacktron I.  As
far as I can tell, all the pieces in this set are still being used.  If
we're going to have to wait until the end of the Star Wars license for a
Space Legend set, we should get a "holy grail."

Dave

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message
"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> writes:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Sounds cool but thats yet another set thats not space :(

Well, logically Space should be next to follow.shouldn't it? • [...]
Soooooooo, what's left?
It's gotta be Space. I hope!
And it's either gonna be a mighty-big set, or two mid size ones!!!
Then Castle should follow if my reasonin' is sound.

Brad Justus addressed this at BricksWest, saying that Space was not on
the agenda because of the Star Wars Ep. II release.  There's no
contractual restriction, as has been rumored, but there are good
marketing reasons why it would not be a good idea to include space
sets at the same time as a major push for the new Star Wars sets.

I suspect we have to wait until Ep. III has come and gone before we
see any Space legends.

--Bill.

--
William R Ward            bill@wards.net • http://www.wards.net/~bill/