 General / 35731
Re: BricksWest on Local Newscast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 05:19:19 GMT

Most of the larger gaming and sci-fi  and train conventions actually need
this exposure from a sponser. Advertising these gatherings improve
attendance and more importantly the financial viability of organizing and
producing a convention. The sponser will have a set of guidelines for the
convention organizers to follow similiar to the rules of conduct for a
Legoland Park, rules for using the Lego logo, copyright instructions, event
guidelines. The use of these guidelines will allow Lego use the event and
media exposure for tie in to the larger community and sell more bricks
through S@H.  I am sure direct marketing profits Lego Direct better than
wholesale distributers and the normal retail outlets like TRU and Wal-Mart
could not complain about being undercut because Lego sponsered the show.
Lego Co should integrate the Brick events into their corporate plan.
Besides, exposure like Brickfest(r) and BricksWest(r) encourages
participation and customer loyalty in crowded marketplace, in a word,
priceless.

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
"James Seibert" <james@vci.net> wrote in message • news:GrnyHq.FDC@lugnet.com...
I was in for a shock on my local news tonight, WPSD Ch 6 in Paducah, KY • ran
a feature on Legoland Carlsbad, CA and the gathering of Lego • afficianados
from all over the country who brought their personal creations to the
Legoland Park. The creations included lots of trains, castles, and other
creations.

They did not mentions BricksWest by name, but they did show your • displays,
although the camera panned very quickly across the hall.

Whoa rock on!! :-)

This is great getting such exposure.  But as one of the supporting • BricksWest
event organizers, I think we should do more to have our name included in • the
exposure.  This goes for ALL AFOL community events which are publicized in • the
media.

Any suggestions?

I wonder if this is something...as LEGO starts helping us more and more on
events and stuff...that they could influence.  Like we work with them to • write
press releases and use LEGO's clout as a big company to get exposure to • the
clubs and events and stuff when they are showing.

-Tim