 General / 35667
  anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest?

I know that the new red & yellow train was shown off but what else? anyone got pictures??? set numbers? etc :) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest?

Three you already know about, Super Chief, Breezeway Bafe (Legend) and Pizza To Go (Legend). And a fourth: Red Baron a la Sopwith Camel. Same dimensions, same Master Model Builder. Forgot to get set number or piece count but I'm sure that info is (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest?

(...) Sounds cool but thats yet another set thats not space :( (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) Well, logically Space should be next to follow…shouldn’t it? First we had Castle: (URL) Train: (URL) & (URL) Town: Pizza to go (10036) (URL) & Breezeway Café (10037) (URL) what’s left? It’s gotta be Space… I hope! And it’s either gonna be a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) the prices on these sets is great!! (well the Breezeway, considering I paid over $60 for a <MISB> breezeway. I can see a real nice fancy hospital facade and a nice hotel project coming in (maybe not-so) distant future) :) (...) ...or (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) [...] (...) Brad Justus addressed this at BricksWest, saying that Space was not on the agenda because of the Star Wars Ep. II release. There's no contractual restriction, as has been rumored, but there are good marketing reasons why it would (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  What I think the firs Space Legend set should be

If they really want to knock all us Spaceheads on our butts, the first Space Legend set will be the #6971 Message-Intercept Base from Blacktron I. As far as I can tell, all the pieces in this set are still being used. If we're going to have to wait (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) Guess that means more money that lego WONT be getting and that instead will be going to the secondary market. (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: What I think the firs Space Legend set should be

(...) I would have to agree on you with that. The Message-intercept base is my favorite set, as well as a Blacktron Classic. However, I would also like to see a 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager become a legend. The set has an interesting design and would (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: What I think the firs Space Legend set should be

(...) I respectfully disagree with your thoughts for a first Space LEGENDS release. :) In my mind the best way to bring back an old series like this is to go right back to the beginning if at all possible. Bring back something from the original (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) Am I the only one who fails to see the logic in their.... logic? Would it be so impossible to believe that a Space set released alongside or shortly after the Star Wars sets might actually appeal to the same market? If you're talking 'Classic' (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: What I think the firs Space Legend set should be

I think the problem with releasing something from the late 70s is that while the sets may be very enticing to the classic lego collector, I don't think they will look exciting enough to today's kids. I'm not saying they are worse sets than LoM, but (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) This would be a valid point if the bulk of their Legend sales were to adults. Unfortunately they aren't. The bulk of their sales are to kids (directly or indirectly). Probably 95% (or more) of their market has a very limited budget (kids or (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest?

(...) I know the feeling--I want the Galaxy Explorer as a Legends kit. However, right now, I think that the space theme is currently called "Star Wars".... -Scott Lyttle (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) That's precisely why they don't want to do it. They don't want to dilute the brand by having too many choices for the same audience. They don't want to hurt LEGO retail figures by having LEGO Direct offer products that directly compete with (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: anyone got a report of the new sets shown off at brickswest? <Next Legend?>

(...) I guess I saw the possibility of releasing a Space set as a compliment to the Star Wars line, not competition. Guess I was mistaken. (...) Whereas I was looking at it thinking the same person might buy one set one month (perhaps Star Wars) and (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)