 General / 35591
Re: Toy Fair photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 04:54:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:
Thing is, this stuff *will* go by the wayside, and TLC will probably lose • money
(I can't imagine them selling enough of that stuff to recoup all of the new
molds' and R&D costs) or at best break even.

http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/lego_galidor.shtml

How do LEGO expect to compete with Hasbro, Mattel and Bandai?  Those
traditional players are making action figures with cheap plastic, and do most
manufacturing, assemble and packaging in China or other 3rd world countries,
and then sell them at USA for less than $10 each.  Can LEGO expect the same
kind of profit margin using ABS plastic and their high precision molding?