 General / 35576
Re: Toy Fair photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:01:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:

<snip excellent points to which I wholeheartedly agree>

Back to the brick, leave the fad marketing at home, please.

-Tim

Thing is, this stuff *will* go by the wayside, and TLC will probably lose money
(I can't imagine them selling enough of that stuff to recoup all of the new
molds' and R&D costs) or at best break even.

What gets me is that those financial resources could have been poured into the
System, making *it* stronger and more viable.

Why has the simple concept of "don't fix it if it ain't broke" become so
difficult for Billund to grasp?  They have created the most awesome toy ever
invented; why anyone would abandon that is difficult for *me* to grasp...

-John