 General / 35452
Re: How many pinks are there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:59:12 GMT

All the parts are being made in Denmark, Switzerland and the Czech Republic
(the new facility). Enfield may be packaging sets, but the raw parts are • coming
across the ocean.

I'm a semi-regular visitor to the Port of Brisbane Authority and accustomed to
seeing the grain handlers there.

So now I have a mental image of a port in Denmark with vast silos of
dubiously-dark-pink Scala plates being sucked up onto vast conveyer belts and
then spewed out into the holds of ships bound for Enfield.

Does anyone actually know how the shipping is done? Large bin liner inside a
shipping container and then pour in the Scala plates? One quadzillion polybags
each with 10 plates like we'd get from S@H ?

Kerry