 General / 3437
Re: Architect sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:18:19 GMT

<snip>

These are MODULEX bricks - 1/3 the size of regular Lego but the same in
every other aspect.  I was just taking about them:

http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.dear-lego:253

No, these are *not* Modulex bricks.

How are you distinguishing MODULEX from regular LEGO?  AFAIK, the only
1/3 scale bricks LEGO ever produced were known as MODULEX bricks?

The size. A basic Modulex brick is undisputable smaller than a basic LEGO
brick. (Don't know from memory but I thought it was half the size). A basic
LEGO brick is divided in 3 regularLEGO plates. A Modulex brick is dived in 2
Modulex plates.
The set 253 above contains regular LEGO bricks (and possibly plates), not
Modulex.
Besides, if I recall correctly, the sides of Modulex bricks are thinner too.
The studs on some Modulex bricks show the 'LEGO' brand, on others they show
'Modulex'. The lettering is so small it's hard to distinguish with the
unaided eye.

Modulex came in different colors, including brown, orange and light blue. It
took some time for regular LEGO to come up with these colors as well.

Eric Brok

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

It's a regular LEGO bricks set geared to architects. Great set, looks
distinguished, has lots of transparant bricks (besides black, grey and • blue)
and a (cardboard) 'LEGO-to-real' scale ruler.
I know because I had one in my hands just a week ago, on a local LEGO • trade
market. I didn't buy it because it was a lot of money and I already had
purchased a lot of other stuff I was actually looking for. My friend • bought
the set however. Now I think back, I suppose I should have bought it,
though.

Eric Brok