 General / 32195
Re: Lego for Africa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:53:46 GMT

Alright I know I am in danger of being stoned for herresy but this actually
might be a great opportunity for us to donate off-brand stuff. Think about
it, how many of us have that ugly tub of off-brand bricks and accessories
that we got mixed in an ebay auction or yard sale. These developing
countries care little that the blocks don't hold together as well as Lego
blocks, or that the colors start to fade. Look at it this way, people are
donating older computers, basically stuff they no longer need, why can't we
donate our unwanted off-brand stuff to these people. It's a start.

Scott

In lugnet.general, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
I agree with Tim.  I think Lego fans might be good people to ask for old computers,

and computer geeks who are not Lego fans might be good people to ask for old Lego.

I have an old computer I could donate.  Where do I donate it?

/Eric McC/