 General / 32193
Re: Lego for Africa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:51:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
"Joris" <joris@schoolnet.na> wrote in message news:GHEEIE.IGo@lugnet.com...
Joris - I really enjoyed reading your message and think that you have a great
idea and goal for your country's schools and for other developing countries'
schools.  The people of LUGNET might be able to help, but I would imagine you
could find people more willing to let go of their LEGO elsewhere ;-)

I totally agree, and Tim is right. We are mostly the kind of people to
clutch onto lego for dear life... and I feel almost ashamed saying that but
I know I would not want to donate my lego, even though I totally agree with
the cause. And Eric's idea is wonderful - if I had any computers of my own,
I'd donate them, but they belong to my parents' university. :-(

Best of luck,
-Shiri

G'day from Australia... I reckon if everyone pulled their heads in and went
through their collection... found a few pieces they don't really need or
want and never use anyway, or even just grabbed some they could live
without... even if it were only 20 pieces or so... you'd have a pretty good
head start from what you have now!

I know that deep down, I have to admit there are a few pieces in my
collection that I neglect - never use (shock, horror, eeek! hehe).  And I
also have many pieces that have discoloured over the years too which I won't
use because of that.  The pieces still fit together... just not the pearly
white they used to be.  But I am sure the kids there won't be so fussed
about that... so...

I'll donate all my pieces in the above information!  And I have a Brickbay
store too inwhich I am happy to donate a few sets from as well!

BUT!... I challange the rest of Lugnet to do this or something similar too,
otherwise my handfull won't even entertain a squirrel.

So if I can send my stuff to the English address... will this be ok?

Mel from Australia

P.S. I have no computer stuff to donate though.