 General / 31509
  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

Well said and very good of you to let the boy have the set, I feel your pain, it's hapened to me way too many times. I do agree with you on how annoying it is to see someone who just bought 80 copies of Mos espa podrace when you don't even have one, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

In lugnet.general, Geordan Ballantree writes: - snip - (...) I don't deny that people find it fun, and I don't mean to say that people who resell LEGO are evil. My beef isn't with those who are able to buy out someone's collection and resell it. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) I heartfully agree (...) Yes I do agree with you on this. Some ebay auctioneer's are almost on the verge of being criminals IMO because they rip people off by so much for something so little. I know they can't control how much it goes for, but (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) You may want to take this thread to off-topic.debate, where it has been discussed before. IMHO it's off topic for general now that you're verging on class warfare. (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

Well now I understand what Bryan was saying and I agree with him on it, then it isn't much of a debate is it? Geordan PS, what is class warfare supposed to mean? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) You and Bryan aren't necessarily the only participants (...) Making sweeping generalisations about people who sell things, for example. I'm a person who uses his international contacts/connections and credit line to buy in large quantity items (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) Actually, I didn't generalise at all. I criticized a "few" auctioneers who I have seen in the past rip the pants off of people( not neccesarily lego auctions only here ie. hockey card auctions, hotwheels auctions ). For example, a auctioneer (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) Fair enough, sorry in turn if I came across a bit strong. In fairness you didn't, I was overreacting. In fact, reading back through various archives (I can't give a very crisp search string but try one with Quixote in it) here will reveal that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes: - snip - (...) First of all, I would not define "class warfare" in this way. To me, "class warfare" sounds like a fight between the "have"s and the "have-not"s. Calling this discussion "class warfare" (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...

(...) WARNING! Compartmentalized Dork-dom ahead! ;] Larry, I'm not sure why you're so convinced this isn't a .general topic. The discussion was about general "market goings-on" for LEGO. By its "charter", lugnet.off-topic.debate is for non-LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)