 General / 31509
Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:07:38 GMT

Well said and very good of you to let the boy have the set, I feel your
pain, it's hapened to me way too many times.

I do agree with you on how annoying it is to see someone who just bought 80
copies of Mos espa podrace when you don't even have one, it's frustrating.
But the people who resell lego( I don't want to speak for them ) I think
find it fairly fun and a part of what the hobbie means to them. When I was
really little even, My younger brother and I used to spend hours making mini
sets with lego or other toys, packaging them up with newspaper, and selling
them to each other with monopoly money . Why did we do that? beacuse it was
fun. And that even though it wasn't neccesarily building directly with lego,
it was another way of having fun with lego, a little unorthodox I must say
though.  Again I don't want to speak for people who sell/resell etc, but
they wouldn't do it unless they found a little enjoyment from it right? You
don't apply for a job that you know is going to suck despite the fact that
it pays do you? No.

So in conclusion, the people who buy/ sell on the market, probably do it
because it's fun and to them, is probably part of their lego "experience."
And another way to have fun with the hobbie we all love.

Geordan

In lugnet.western, Bryan Beckwith writes:
Snippage, Snippage.

Bryan Beckwith
Tired, cranky, and ready for bed.