 Off-Topic / Debate / 11403
Re: FOTM/LOTM (Loss of the Month) Some thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:30:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Geordan Ballantree writes:
Well now I understand what Bryan was saying and I agree with him on it, then
it isn't much of a debate is it?

You and Bryan aren't necessarily the only participants

Geordan

PS, what is class warfare supposed to mean?

Making sweeping generalisations about people who sell things, for example.

Actually, I didn't generalise at all. I criticized a "few" auctioneers who I
have seen in the past rip the pants off of people( not neccesarily lego
auctions only here ie. hockey card auctions, hotwheels auctions ).

For example, a auctioneer sold a hotwheels car that you could buy at walmart
for .79 for $20.00! In the description, the auctioneer said that the car was
"rare," not true, "hard to find," not true and a valuable collectors item
which is also not true.

My point is that SOME auctioneers rip people off, but definetley not all.

I'm a person who uses his international contacts/connections and credit line
to buy in large quantity items that would otherwise languish and then
resells them at market prices to those individuals who are not similarly
positioned or who do not choose to spend the time and effort (and risk) to
do so.

That includes selling things at auction, and includes using venues like eBay
to seek market prices. I see my role as providing a valuable service rather
than as being a criminal, thank you very much.

Yes you do provide a valuable role, and so do most other auctioneers on the
market place. But there are still a few auctioneers who decide to take
advantage of people for the sake of themselves and for money by ripping
people off by a huge margin using some untrue and false descriptive words.

And you are definetly NOT a criminal, I'm not too sure how my previous post
would have apeared as if I was critizing all auctioneers in general, or even
you for that matter but it did. If I was calling you a criminal, I would
also be calling myself one because I have ( through the help of a cardstore
mind you, because I'm under age) sold something on ebay before. And I
definatley don't see myself as a criminal by any means.

So to clarify my point:
- some auctioneers rip people off, but most definetely not all.
- a few auctioneers are on the VERGE of being criminals for fraud etc IMO.
This is not stating that ALL auctioneers are on the verge of being
crimminals but some definetly are, again IMHO.
- No, Mr. Pieniazek, you are not a criminal by any means and I'm very sorry
that my post came across that way.

-Geordan-

I have *re* set the FUT to .debate... this is not a .general topic.

++Lar