 General / 31298
Re: S@H as sharp as ever...And as useful as Lego Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 06:26:36 GMT

Uh, you obviously mistyped that 1/4mile ET - 405hp doesn't get you down the 1/4
in 5.3 seconds (unless the car weighs about 600 lbs) - in fact, my car takes
12.7 or so at near 400hp, and it's not a heavyweight.

Now, 0-100kph in 5.3 I can believe - that's about on track for 400hp on a
2-wheel drive car.  Of course, if you have AWD like me, it pulls that down to
the low 4s ;-)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.loc.au, Eli Donati writes:
what is this thing, the, automobile?

Well, you aussies have something pretty nifty in that score... the Holden
Commodore as tricked out by HSV. 405 HP from a production automobile, does
the quarter mile in 5.3 seconds, tops out around 170 MPH or so, 6 speed
manual, red and black leather bucket seats, and only costs 40K. (of course
the engine is tricked out in the states and shipped back but hey, what did
you expect?).

Now if only GM would import some to the US. Right now you can only get them
greymarket and they're righthand drive.

++Lar (commies rule, see this month's _Automobile_ magazine for a review)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/